Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What I'm ♥ing:

Healthier Hair Products!!!

Last winter I started using a deep conditioner: the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle.
Since you have to keep it in your hair for about 3 minutes I started reading the ingredients list on the back of my shampoos and conditioners!

I was surprised to see that I was putting a ton of harsh chemicals in my hair.  That's when I started to look up some of those ingredients
The main 2 that struck me were Parabens and Sulfates.

 
Parabens are used to extend shelf-life and are related to certain types of cancer, and sulfates are used to make lathering foam take nutrients out of you hair and skin.

So now I try to use hair products without those bad chemicals.


All of these products DON'T have either sulfates or parabens!!


These conditioners and shampoos are made by: Organix.
All Organix bottles are eco-friendly, as it says on the back, and they don't contain any sulfates or parabens, any colors or dyes, and are not test on animals!!


This shampoo is by Renpure Organics.  They again don't use sulfates or parabens in their products and are also based in the USA!


The white bottle is by Nature's Gate.  Nature's Gate is a great company that is environmentally friendly.  I just think they're great because they have teamed up with Water Aid to help give people in Africa and Asia clean, safe water!!!



Aussie 3 Minute Miracle isn't all natural, but it doesn't have any sulfates or parabens.  I really have noticed a difference in my hair as it gets healthier and silkier.

Using eco-friendly products is just one way to "go green" and still get healthy hair!

Keep Reading,
Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment